COVID-19 and Real Estate brokerage
Real estate brokers who are members of the Chambre immobilière de l'Outaouais care about the health and well-being of their clients. They respect the health guidelines and measures put in place by government authorities to fight the COVID-19 pandemic and ensure the safety of all.
Visits to properties and premises with the aim of completing a real estate transaction remain possible in compliance with the curfew, i.e. prohibited between 9:30 pm and 5:00 am.
Special emergency measures: The City of Gatineau and the MRC des Collines-de-l'Outaouais must observe a curfew from 8:00 pm to 5:00 am until April 18, 2021.
Here are the main points:
- Unrestricted visits: They are to be avoided more than ever in the current context.
- Regular visits: It is in everyone's interest to favor visits only in cases where a promise to purchase is conditional on the property visit has been previously agreed between the parties.
- Like all office businesses, real estate agency offices should remain closed until further notice.
- Allow sufficient time for financing, inspection and signing of the deed of sale to the promise to purchase.
- Curfew must be respected.